MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 22 May 2011

Snow White focussed


If there’s one thing that annoys me the most about using Leica M lenses on the Sony NEX is that the minimum focus distance is at least 70cm, and more often than not 1 metre.  I know there are a  couple lenses that will get closer, like the Leica 50mm Summicron Dual Range,  but few do.  This is quite unlike SLR lens, where most wide primes focusing down to 30cm or less.  Of course this has to do with rangefinders not being able cope with close focus, and the above mentioned lens was designed with additional ‘goggles’ to aid the close focusing.

This presents a problem when shooting smaller objects or if you need to get close.  When shooting shop windows I will often put the lens up to the window to prevent reflections.  If the object is close to the window, its going to be out of focus.

You can see in this shot of Snow White and some assorted Dwarfs in a shop window in Pembroke exactly what I mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment