MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Lights in the rain

Today I was in the Yonge and Eglinton area in Toronto, and it reminded me of some shots I took here a while back from my car is the rain.  I focused on raindrops on the car window and trying to get coloured lights out of focus with beautiful round circles.  There’s lots of traffic around here, as well as bright lights from shops, so it worked out quite well.


This was one of the first outings with the Nikon D700 after I bought it and I used a Sigma 24-70 f2.8 lens.  The Sigma has a lot of good points – constant aperture f2.8, centre sharpness wide open and general sharpness at medium apertures across the frame.  However, it has two things I don’t like though – its a little bulky, and there’s lots of light (and sharpness) fall off in the corners at f2.8 on 24mm.  


The first time I used one of these lenses was on my Dad’s Pentax K7, and it performed really well on the crop sensor format with no problems exhibited.  So I bought a second hand one, but full frame really tests a lens, and on the D700 it was a bit disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment