MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 8 May 2011

Looking for a Night Street Shooter - Part 5 - Summicron 50 Test Run


....CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST


One of the first things I did after purchasing the Sony NEX was throw on my Leica 50mm Summicron and go for a stroll. I set the camera to black and white, increased the sharpening and contrast just a touch, and took off to Sunnybrook Park.  There’s a post and rail building there that is always fascinating to shoot as it has lovely details, especially in black and white.



I popped off about 50 shots, and when I got back and uploaded it on the computer, the results were astounding – believe me, all the good things people say about Leica lenses is absolutely true!  The tonality was excellent, the out of focus areas (bokeh) were smooth and buttery, and the sharpness out of this world.  Quite the combination!


No comments:

Post a Comment