MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 21 July 2011

Tulip Row


Late last week I took the plunge and sold my Nikon D700.  Right now the used market for Nikon pro-bodies is very strong as the earthquake and tsunami in Japan had a dramatic affect on the supply of these cameras.   Basically, it’s very difficult to find a new or even a used D700, D3S or D3X and people who need them (especially pros) are willing to pay a premium for them as it creates their income.  So I posted it on the local online classifieds and asked only a little less than what I paid for it after tax.  It took a while to sell, but it did, and I got my asking price.  

The D700 has also been out for a while now and a replacement is imminent, the new model will probably will be announced at Photokina in October.  So when that comes out I will put the money towards a new one.

This is one of the better photos I took with the camera.  As mentioned in previous posts, the D700 and Tamron 180mm f3.5 macro is a great combination, and this photo really shines.


No comments:

Post a Comment