MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 22 July 2011

The D1X problem


About 2 years ago I purchased a D1X camera set for, which at the time, I thought was a great deal.  Unfortunately after I bought it, I started finding problems.  The biggest one was a huge crack in the plastic body work around the pentaprism which I had inexplicably missed on inspection.   The great deal wasn’t so great.   So I decided to use it for a bit before selling it.

Compared to the D2X I had at the time, and even my previous similar vintage D100, the D1X is very clunky to use.  Sure it is built like the proverbial tank, but it handles poorly.  Buttons are located in strange places, reviewing files is tricky and generally doesn’t feel user friendly.  However, it was still capable of very good photos, just that it was no fun getting there.

These photos are of flowers in our backyard and were taken with the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro fitted




No comments:

Post a Comment