MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Medium Format Macro


When I had my first Hasselblad I decided to invest in 5(!) extension tubes to do close up macro work.  It was a whole lot cheaper than a Carl Zeiss 120mm Makro Planar, and I thought with a bit of skill and cunning I could make it work.  I used the 5 extension tubes plus two Carl Zeiss Proxar close up filters on the 80mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Planar lens, then hooked up a sync cord to the Nikon SB-29s ring flash and used a flash meter to get the correct exposure.  I did some test shots with a Polaroid back (which we end up using with our glass drink coasters) and then I shot some frames on some Kodak slide film.  Here’s one of those shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment