MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 18 July 2011

10 Stops Bright

I shot this purple daisy in my parent’s garden in Australia.  In the summer time it is extremely bright there and can cause incredible contrast.  This makes it really difficult to do landscapes in broad daylight, but controlled contrast can also work very well.

With this photo I held the daisy up by hand in the sunlight and photographed it against the shady background.  I used spot metering to get a more accurate light reading on the daisy, but even still I think it is over exposed.  I think there could easily be over 10 stops difference between the daisy and the background (just the faintest hint of a background can be seen), and it makes the daisy really pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment