MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 8 July 2011

Eye on Safety


This photo is of my left eye, with a ton of brightness and contrast added, and the colour removed.  Interestingly, if you look closely you can see my wife taking the picture and an outline of our apartment in Sydney.

A little while after I had taken this photo my work was asking employees to enter a contest to design a poster for a safety campaign.  I used MS Word, opened up a blank A3 page, added the company logo and this picture with the caption “SAFETY: Is your eye on it?”; and then sent it in.  A total of 2 minutes of work .

Remarkably I placed in the top 5 entrants and won two tickets to the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix, with a couple of signed shirts, a flag and various other bits of swag.  Probably the most profitable two minutes of work I’ve ever done.



No comments:

Post a Comment