MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 9 September 2011

Pembroke War Memorial #1 – Mural




A couple weeks ago I visited Pembroke for business, and after the day was over I found this excellent Mural in honour of the Canadian Armed Forces.  Regular readers would have seen my previous article on the murals in Pembroke, but I like this one the best.


After taking an overall shot, I got closer and photographed some details great details, as well as a composition with an interesting old parking meter.


This was also the first run for my recently acquired Voigtlander 21mm f4 for Leica M mount.  Like the reviews say, it is a superb lens – very sharp, minimal distortion, and my favourite feature – close focus to 0.5m.  Even at f4, this allows for the shooter to use narrow depth of field composition at minimum focus distance.  The other thing I like is that it is also a very small lens and keeps the camera totally pocketable.



I like it far better than the Voigtlander 25mm f4 LTM lens, which I have now sold.  This lens wasn’t as sharp, was not rangefinder coupled and only focussed to 0.7m.  The $50 it cost me to upgrade to the 21mm was money VERY well spent.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the write up on the Voigtlander 21mm & 25mm lenses. I was interested in the 25mm because it's a bit cheaper, but looks like the 21mm is the lens to get.

    ReplyDelete