MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 12 September 2011

Edward Gardens Spring Visit – Part 2 – Sigma 20mm f1.8


For something completely different, I also took along the Sigma 20mm f1.8 on the same trip.  It has a very different feel to a normal (ie telephoto) macro lens, and the images are actually quite dramatic, especially with the unusual bokeh.  I especially like the shot of the dark red tulips.  The lens is sharp in the centre at f1.8, and for this type of photography, corner sharpness is not a prerequisite.




2 comments:

  1. Nice shots!

    I wish I had kept the Sigma 20mm f1.8 (Canon mount), but it just could not focus reliably on my 10D (Way back!!!). I am sure it was not entirely the lens' fault. The price of this lens has gone up quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its actually a lot better on full frame - the depth of field and wide angle perspective is much more dramatic. I had no AF issues on the D700.

    ReplyDelete