MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 2 September 2011

Full Frame Longings


I thought I was getting over my Full Frame Nikon D700 that I sold a couple months back, but then I look at photos like this and the longings return.  This photo was taken with the excellent Tamron 180mm f3.5 Macro at f4, and amazingly, at 3,200 ISO.  Even though it is 3 years from when it first launched, the high ISO performance on the D700 is still stunning.


2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. My first full frame DSLR, the original Canon 1Ds, was slow, noisy over ISO 400(by today's standards) and the LCD that's next to useless, but I LOVED that camera and got a lot of pictures of my kids with it. I practically took it with me everywhere I went, and daily on my bike to work! I also liked my 5D too, but it was not the same. Now that I have been without a full frame camera for a couple of years, I long for the return of one, but it does not look like it will be any time soon. NEX-7 or 5D II? Looks like Sony wins this round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ideally I'd like to get both an FF DSLR and a NEX-7, but that will be one serious outlay of $$$.

    ReplyDelete