MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 26 September 2011

Nikon 18-200mm VR II test – Plowing match horses


During the Plowing match I went over to the ‘rodeo’ area and watched some people riding horses.  People riding horses around in circles doesn’t really tickle my fancy, but I decided with a little effort a good panning photo was there for the taking.  The idea is to create some blur to give the photo a sense of speed and danger, even if they weren’t really going fast.  I set the camera to 100 ISO and used f11 aperture, which gave a shutter speed of around 1/30th of a second, slow enough for some significant blur, and panned as they went by.  The idea is to get either the rider or the horse's head sharp.  Here’s a couple shots that worked out OK.




No comments:

Post a Comment