MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 15 September 2011

M Mount on NEX


Today I was reading a blog called Lens Bubbles, one of my favourite local blogs. The author has just discovered M mount lenses on NEX, and he’s going to find that this is the best pocketable street shooter combination around.   The lenses are phenomenal and are a delight to use, but he’s going to have to watch that his wallet doesn’t suddenly become significantly lighter!

Here’s a picture of the NEX with a classic 1936 Leica 50mm collapsible Elmar.



And the NEX here sports the truly wonderful current model Leica 50mm Summicron.



Especially with the Voigtlander 35mm Nokton, the NEX really excels as a pocketable night time street shooter.  Here’s a couple shots taken recently on Bloor Street.




3 comments:

  1. You know this is not helping me! Thanks for posting the lens pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Elmar looks very similar to the Varob 5cm f3.5 enlarging lens. I wonder how they compare optically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LensBubbles. Once you get sucked into the realm of Leica lenses, there's no way out...
    The Elmar is in it's collapsed position in this shot. In practice it sticks out another inch or so.

    ReplyDelete