As mentioned in recent posts, the great thing about the Nikon D200, D300 and D7000 is that they meter with all Nikon mount Ai and Ai-S manual focus lenses. The D700 also meters, and these lenses are just superb on full frame.
Here’s my pick of the must have Manual Focus lenses:
1. Nikkor 20mm f4 –Classic tiny wide angle with great performance (about $250)
2. Nikkor 24mm f2 – Until recently Nikon’s fastest ever 24mm (about $350)
3. Nikkor 50mm f1.2 – Ultra wide aperture standard lens with super thin depth of field (about $450)
4. Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Macro – Unbelievably sharp Macro lens. Does 1:1 with an adapter (about $200)
5. Nikkor 85mm f2 – Fabulous telephoto portrait lens – small, sharp, excellent (about $230)
6. Nikon 100mm f2.8 Series E – Extremely compact and sharp tele lens and a bargain (about ($100)
7. Nikkor 105mm f2.5 – Another great classic portrait lens ($160-$230)
8. Nikkor 135mm f2 – Fast, sharp and reasonably priced (about $300)
9. Tamron 90mm f2.5 Adaptall Macro – Lovely, sharp Macro. Does 1:1 with an adapter (about $170)
|Nikon D2X with Nikon 135mm f2 Ai-S lens, shot at f2.8|
There's some lenses not on this list that many will say are worthy, but in tomorrow's post you'll see why they have been left off....