MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 13 June 2011

Welcome back, friend


A couple years ago I purchased 2 orchids that were on sale.  One has been extremely plentiful in its flowers (on its fourth lot) while the second one has been a bit of a handful.  Soon after we got it he took a severe turn for the worse.  Within a couple days all the flowers dropped off, and the leaves went limp and leathery.  My wife thought it was done for.   We ended up re-potting the plant and slowly nursed him back to health.  A couple day ago the first flower came out in about two years and we were both very happy.  Welcome back friend.



The lens that I used for these shots is a Nikon 60mm f2.8 AF-D Micro on the D90.  I got it recently in a trade for some medium format gear I sold, with the intent of replacing the Nikon 55mm f2.8 Ai-S MF Micro I have.  So far it has proven to be a very good lens - sharp, compact and generally quite useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment