MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 6 June 2011

Ancient Film

About 4 or 5 years ago I found a photo store in Newmarket selling off some bits and pieces for Hasselblad.  I ended up purchasing an older Carl Zeiss 150mm f4 portrait lens and an extra film back.  We then got talking and the owner decided to throw some film at me.  “Here’s some 120 Kodak T-MAX.  Its over 20 years old, but it’s been in the freezer the whole time.  It should be fine.”  That raised some questions about what else was in the freezer, but I left that alone and considered myself fortunate that someone had just thrown 25 rolls of film at me.


One of the films was used on a walk around in the Spadina and King area in downtown Toronto.  The shots worked out well and the film turned out superbly.  These shots were enlarged and now hang in the stairway of our house.



No comments:

Post a Comment