MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 3 March 2013

Serena Gundy in Black and White



Last weekend I decided to get out the brand new snow shoes that my wife had given me for Christmas a couple years back and try them out.  Though it was over a week after Toronto's big snow storm, there was still some deep snow, so it was fun.  I ducked down into Serena Gundy Park a took some shots in black and white with the Sony NEX 5n fitted with the Sigma 19mm and the Leica CL with the Voigtlander 21mm f4 Color Skopar and finder.  I took this lot for a couple reasons; 1) I wanted to shoot some film, and 2) I wanted to do a test between the Sigma 19mm and the Voigtlander 21mm (see up coming post).



The walk ended up being a lot of fun and I enjoyed the time outside, however shooting nature in black and white can be a challenge, as it is very difficult to not end up with a cluttered shot, or just a generic tree shot.  


One thing I did learn was that holding filters in front on cameras with gloves on is tricky; and filters also do not appreciate being dropped in the snow.






No comments:

Post a Comment