MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 2 November 2012

Nikon D600 Macro




After a bit of a crappy week, I was very pleased when this rosebud we picked from the garden decided to open up inside the house.



This gave me a great opportunity to try the D600 out with a macro lens, this time with Tamron 90mm f2.8 AF.  Macro lenses are renowned for their sharpness, and are probably one of the few types of lenses that can out resolve the 24 megapixel sensor on the D600.

What I found was that indeed I could do extremely deep crops and have the photo still retain some sharpness.  Here is a very extreme example.  As you can see, definition is still retained.




3 comments:

  1. D600 looks like a fine camera. Wonder how it compares to the D700 in terms of low light high ISO. Are you happy with the image quality overall, minus the flash pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D600 low light performance is excellent, at least 1 stop better than the D700, however I like the D700 renders objects better in low light, particularly people, even when the flash is off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One stop better than the D700 is excellent. Amazing how far the sensor tech can be pushed.

      Delete