MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Saturday 22 September 2012

No Purchase Policy



This is pretty weird.  So far in 2012 (end May) there has been just 4 lens purchases to date - a Leica 35mm f3.5 Summaron in LTM, a Nikon 28mm f3.5, a Sigma 30mm f2.8 and a Pentax 21mm f3.2; the first two of which was part of a trade for some Nikon lenses.  

This is unusual.  Usually I purchase approximately 25-30 lenses per year, most of which are again sold after I try them out, but this would suggest a purchase of about 20-25 so far this year.  So far only the Nikon 28mm f3.5 has been sold; the Sigma and Leica are most definately keepers, while I will ship the Pentax to my Dad.

Oddly enough , I have purchased 5 cameras this year, which is about normal.  Two of these cameras came with fixed lenses (Fuji X100 and the Fuji GA645i) and three as bodies only (Nikon F601, Pentax SFX and Sony NEX 5n).  The F601 hasn't been used at all and the GA645i has had a couple rolls through it, though I have had quite a bit of use out of both the digital bodies


No comments:

Post a Comment