MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Elmar love


A few days ago I pulled out my Leica 90mm f4 Elmar with the NEX 5n and decided to shoot a few flowers in the garden.  My Elmar is a collapsible one, dating from around 1957-1958, and though clean outside, it has a couple spots of haze inside.  However, this doesn't stop it from producing outstanding photographs. Here's a couple shots of dahlias, both being straight out of the camera and lightly cropped.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely images. Amazing how these old gems made decades ago still produce such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This lens seems to have some 'Leica magic' that only this lens and my 50mm Summicron v4 seem to produce.

      Delete