MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Samsung NX - the daft mirror-less


Samsung's NX series of mirror-less cameras have a lot going for them - small size, large APS-C sensor, available viewfinder models, and good quality, well price native lenses.

The big problem is that the sensor to flange distance is longer than Leica M mount, meaning that they will not mount on the Samsung and focus to infinity.  Therefore the world's best lenses can't be shot on Samsung mirror-less.   

What a waste, and in my book, quite daft.


2 comments:

  1. Yes and no... It IS possible to mount M-lenses on NX bodies but you need an adapter that replaces the NX-mount itself : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Leica-NX10-NX100-NX-lens-adapter-ltm-m39-l39-/260920727152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc0165670#ht_8921wt_1141

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, but replacing the whole mount seems quite extreme. Also, this mount rules out 3 of my LTM lenses, the Voigtlander 15mm, the Leica 35mm Summaron and the Jupiter 35mm f2.8 (which I doubt any mirror-less will take.
    I will however give Samsung props for their new 85mm f1.4 though - that lens looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete