MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 4 May 2012

DX and FF


I am at a bit of a cross roads with my Nikon DSLRs.  Regular readers would note that I sold my D700 a while back  when the tsunami in Japan wiped out production and significantly inflated used prices.  It's been 10 months since then and I have been relying on a D90, which after a D700 has been quite unsatisfying.

With Summer coming, a decision needs to be made, do I purchase a new D800 at $3,000 plus taxes or find a nearly new D700, for hopefully around $1,500.  I suspect that the D800 is still back ordered, so there would be a wait, and so far D700 prices haven't dropped as much as I would have thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment