MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Saturday 26 May 2012

Leica X1 and X2

A friend recently asked me why I hadn't talked much about the Leica X1 or the new X2 on Snapshot Voyager.  Here's the big problem as I see it:  you can get a new Sony NEX5n with an M adapter and a new Leica 35mm f2.5 Summarit M lens and still pay less than a new X2.  Alternatively instead of a new Summarit you could buy a used 50mm Summicron or 28mm Elmarit.  Either way, a Sony NEX5n with adapted M lenses is a significantly better camera/lens combination than either an X1 or X2.  

A Fuji X100 also blows both the X1 and X2 out the water as well.

Rideau Canal, Ottawa.  Fuji X100

No comments:

Post a Comment