MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 3 February 2012

X Factor



Have you noticed that almost every Mirrorless camera launched recently has an ‘X’ in it’s name?  Strange but true.  Leica started the trend with the X1 (ie first mirror-less camera with an ‘X’ in the name); then came the X100 from Fuji who then added the X10 and XPro-1 recently.   Sony released their NEX series about 18 months ago, followed by the unusual Ricoh GXR.  Canon just named their fixed lens mirrorless compact the G1X, which looks almost exactly the same as the also just announced Panasonic GX1.

I call it all a bit exxy, pardon the pun; but at least Nikon and Olympus haven’t fallen into the X trap yet, though I am sure it won’t be long.

Kingston, ON - Sony NEX 3 with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton

No comments:

Post a Comment