MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

NEX-7 Colour Banding


One thing that really worries me about the Sony NEX-7 is the colour banding that has been experienced with wide Leica mount lenses.  Steve Huff’s site shows this result quite clearly.  The edges and corners have a strong magenta colour cast which totally ruins any colour shots, and the wider the lens, the worse this phenomenon becomes.  His test with the Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 (which I have) was absolutely awful, and the Leica 21mm f2.8 Elmarit wasn’t great either.  This leads me to believe that the Voigtlander 21mm f4 Color Skopar that I have likely won’t be any better.

This really puts a dampener on buying a NEX-7 as two key lenses that I was hoping to use now have a very limited scope.  If I was to buy one it means that I would have to keep the NEX-3, which wasn’t really my intention. 

Interestingly the NEX-5n has no issues with this.

Sony Nex-3 with Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 Super Wide Heliar

No comments:

Post a Comment