MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 1 January 2012

Photo Tips from Spain #1 – Equipment


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Two years ago I went to Spain with my wife for a week over the summer.  There’s so much to see and observe that it become quite the photographic experience.  However, to make the most of your vacation, good knowledge of your camera, and thinking about what you observe in a photographic mindset is really important.  So, for the month of January I am doing a series called “Photo Tips from Spain”, which will offer some hints about what to look out for when travelling.

For me, when I travel, I want to take as little gear as possible.  I HATE lugging equipment around, so I suggest a light body, a “do everything” zoom and a wide angle zoom.  You might want to add a fast and compact wide angle, if you have room.  It’s even better if the gear is not worth a lot in case it gets stolen.  For the trip to Spain, I took a Nikon D50, a Nikon 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 zoom and a Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 wide angle zoom.  The total value was about $800, of which the Sigma wide angle was worth more than half the total value.


No comments:

Post a Comment