MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 7 November 2011

To the Hospital


Whenever I go somewhere and I know I will be taking photos, I try to plan what gear I’ll need.  I try to keep it to the bare minimum – a body, a couple lenses and maybe a flash; but what on earth do you bring to the birth of your baby??  

I decided to take the D90 with the Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens, and I also brought along a Nikkor 50mm f1.4 AF-D and a Nikon SB-800 Speedlight.   This proved to be a good kit.  Setting the aperture to f8 allowed most things to be kept in focus, and the SB-800 is well and truly strong enough to light up all but the largest rooms with bounce flash.   I used the 50mm for few narrow depth of field shots, but the SB-800 got a lot of use.

So, presenting (drum roll, please)...... baby Clara!!

Baby Clara - Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-200mm @ f8, Nikon SB-800 Speedlight

Baby Clara - Nikon D90, Nikkor 50mm f1.4 @ f1.4, Nikon SB-800 Speedlight

No comments:

Post a Comment