MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 3 November 2011

Roof dome


A few weeks back I went to see the movie documentary ‘Senna’.  Ayrton Senna was a Formula 1 racing legend, and I followed his championship exploits closely in my teens.  Senna died in a crash in 1994 while leading the Italian Grand Prix.   It was journey back in time, and many of the clips in the movie I distinctly remember when they happened.

As we were going up to the theatre entrance, this rooftop dome caught my eye.  The lens I had on the NEX, the Voigtlander 35mm Nokton, was not at all wide enough to shoot the entire dome, so I selected part of it to create a composition pleasing to the eye.  This was more difficult than it looked as I was ascending on an escalator at the time, so focal distance was constantly changing – very difficult with a manual focus lens in a dark environment, especially where maximum or almost maximum aperture is needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment