MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 12 May 2013

End of the V - Hasselblad 503CW discontinued




As much as I probably knew this day would come, I am disappointed that it finally has, the distinguished Hasselblad V series camera is now no longer being made.  I have owned 3 V series in my time, two 500C's and a 500C/M.  They are all the same camera, though the later 500C/M had an interchangable mirror, and confusingly, so did later 500C's of which one of mine could do.  Two of them had the 80mm f2.8 standard lens, one had a 150mm f4 portrait lens, and I also had a 50mm f4 wide angle, which was the later CF FLE model.

The 500C is a completely manual camera, that requires you to think.  It is almost completely useless as a street camera, as it is too bulky and not 'quick on its feet' like a Leica M is.  However, when you get it right, the results are incredible.  Those huge negatives are just magic and capture so much detail from those great Carl Zeiss lenses.  V series, I'll miss you.

Sony NEX 5n with Sigma 19mm f2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment