MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Wedding Weekend



Occasionally I get asked to shoot weddings, or parts of weddings.  I don't like being the main photographer, and usually refuse the job, but I am quite happy to do some support work, as is the case this weekend.  My main role is to shoot the groom and his groomsmen getting ready, so mostly indoor work, with possible candid shots later.  I doubt I'll do too much after as my wife will complain she won't have a date at the wedding!


Which brings me to what gear I should use.  I will take the D600, SB800 and a couple lenses; most likely the Nikon 24-85mm f2.8-4, the Nikon 85mm f1.8 and probably the 50mm f1.4.  This should be enough.  I could take the Nikon 80-200mm f2.8, but it is heavy and I don't want to take too much gear.  I might also be feasible to take the Nikon 20mm f4 as it is so small, but we'll see.
It will be fun getting ready with a new camera, and I am looking forward to giving it a go!


No comments:

Post a Comment