MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 29 April 2011

Orchids


Our dining room window is the perfect place for plants.  It gets tons of light and orchids seem to grow fantastically well.  This yellow Orchid was bought by my parents for my wife upon her graduation from teacher’s college.  Its on its 5th or 6th lot of flowers and is a very healthy plant.

I took this picture using my Nikon D700 and hand held up to the camera a Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f2.8 lens in M42 screw mount that I had bought for $3 at a camera flea market.  These Zeiss lenses are superb, and the colours are so rich and smooth, even at f2.8, and the sharpness is up there with any of the best lenses of today.  Not bad for a 45 year old lens that cost three bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment