MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 29 April 2011

Hanging Out With My Mates In The Back Yard


Once I read somewhere how, when using a Full Frame camera, a 24mm lens on minimum aperture coupled to a Nikon K1 extension tube; depth of field from the end of the camera lens to infinity could be achieved.  Perfect for those shooting scale models of buildings and the like.

So I found a K1 extension tube at a Pawn shop on Queen Street and decided to give it a go.


My subject was 2 large beetles and a bumble bee (recently deceased) that I had come across in our backyard.  After several tries, and where best to set the hyperfocal distance when focusing, I got something.  I couldn’t quite achieve what I set out to, infinity and real close up still a bit out of focus,  but I got close.

No comments:

Post a Comment