MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

NEW YORK #5 – Natural History Museum - Astronomy Movie


OK, so no photography was allowed during this viewing in this iMax style theatre, but I figured firing off a few shots without flash wasn’t going to hurt.  

 I put the camera in my lap with wide angle lens fitted, set it manual exposure and focus (exposed for the picture, not the dark background) and fired off a few shots.  As the lens is quite a slow lens, all the shots were exposed for 3.6 seconds, creating a little too much movement in some shots.  However this does give an extra dynamic to the pictures and makes it feel even more like you are in space.  The manual settings ensured the camera didn’t have to think about focus or exposure, aiding the stealth element in the shots.






No comments:

Post a Comment