MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 28 April 2013

Nikon D3000 test




Recently I purchased a Nikon D3000 that had an intermittent fault for a very good price.  The camera occasionally says "Auto Exposure Error", but I found it would fix itself by taking a shot in manual mode and moving back the dial.  Otherwise it seems to work fine.

Though I don't intend to keep it, I did decide to try it out. Compared to newer, more expensive cameras, the D3000 doesn't handle low light that well, but under good light it works fine.  ISO 1600 is the maximum light sensitivity, very low by today's standards; but even that really isn't that usable. 
Also, with a good lens, it shines.  I tried out a few lenses, including the Sigma 35mm f1.4, and the results with this lens were very, very good.

So would I recommend the D3000?  Not really.  I'd save up some extra cash and try to get the D5100 with the excellent 16MP sensor.

Harold the Camel - Nikon D3000 with Sigma 35mm f1.4


No comments:

Post a Comment